[EuroCham] Advocacy & Membership Manager
EuroCham represents the common interests of the European business community in promoting bilateral trade, services and investments between Europe and Singapore and South East Asia.
EuroCham is a non-profit, membership-based organisation with a membership composed of direct corporate members as well as the European national chambers of commerce and business groups in Singapore.
We give our members access to the European business community in Singapore and provide a unique information and exchange forum and an advocacy channel to Singaporean, ASEAN and European political and economic circles. EuroCham is the sole European representative at the Singapore Business Federation Council.
The core activities of the Chamber are driven by the sector Committees. The Committees are one of the pillars of the Chamber and their role is to bring forward the advocacy activities representing the interests of the European Business community vis-a-vis local and regional governments and authorities.
The EuroCham is a fair and unbiased employer. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our members. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
The primary responsibilities of the Advocacy & Membership Manager will be
- To facilitate (New) Committees and support with their meetings/events
- To ensure membership growth
- To lead special Projects
General duties and responsibilities
- Leads the overall coordination of the Committees and the advocacy activities in alignment with the Executive Director and the steering groups of the Committees
- Plan, manage, and execute advocacy efforts in support of the EuroCham’s Committees and its overall mission.
- Oversee the running of various Committees, encouraging them to meet on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and work across the EuroCham’s Committees to drive synergistic initiatives, creating public-private engagement opportunities such as regular dialogues and consultations and also the development of position papers as needed.
- Working with the Events and Communications Team to develop programmes such as roundtables, briefings, seminars and workshops that advance the objectives of the members.
- Create strong relationships and build coalitions with governments, multilateral organisations trade associations, and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor policy developments in Singapore and provide regular analytical updates to members.
- Liaise with existing members to gain insight of their issues and provide support to retain them a members.
- Liaise with potential new members, promote EuroCham to them, and try to onboard them as members of EuroCham.
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- University degree in business administration, public policy, economics or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 year of relevant working experience preferred,
- Goal driven with the ability to persuade individuals with decision making authority
- Excellent communication skills, including good negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with stakeholders and pro-active working attitude as well as the ability to quickly integrate into a small team and operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English and very good drafting skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office); IT skills for website and database management are an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Professionalism, excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, good networker
- Self-motivated, able to take initiatives and bring new ideas
- Intellectual Curiosity, interest and knowledge of EU, Singapore, and ASEAN a plus
The Advocacy and Membership Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Executive
Director and is also required to provide overall support to the daily activities of the Chamber.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV, cover letter, and availability to email@example.com by 22nd of November 2021.