What is the Award about?
For the fifth time, SwissCham Singapore will honour excellence in People & Skills Development. This Swiss Business Award was successfully launched in 2017 and attracted numerous submissions from the business community in Singapore.
It is our aim to celebrate member companies or other Singapore based organisations with a strong Swiss link who have achieved exceptional success, developed innovative and new technologies, partnerships, showed excellence in social behaviour and entrepreneurial endeavours. This year a special consideration will be given to successful people management and skills development efforts shown during the Covid-19 crisis.
As the COVID-19 outbreak has impacted businesses and employers severely, we want to reward companies who have demonstrated excellence in supporting, training, and developing their employees in Singapore during this challenging time. The importance of the employability of the overall workforce – not only in a crisis like this – but also in the light of the global digital transformation has significantly increased.
SwissCham invites you to nominate your company and apply for the SwissCham People & Skills Development Award 2021.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE AWARD?
SwissCham invites all companies operating in Singapore with a strong focus on people and skills development.
▪ The nomination is also open to Non-Swiss companies.
▪ SwissCham membership is not required to apply.
HOW IS THE WINNER SELECTED?
Applications will be evaluated by an independent jury of Swiss and Singaporean judges on the following criteria:
1. Activities and measurements towards upskilling the workforce (employability)
2. Holistic and comprehensive training and development approach
3. Equality and inclusivity (diversity)
4. Life-long learning principle
5. Offering of internship and trainee program
6. Transparent career path
The company’s efforts should have a measurable impact and are documented.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED?
All applicants will need to submit the following documents:
▪ Company profile, executive summary
▪ Supporting HR metrics/reporting
▪ Any additional supporting documents that help with your application (e.g. policies)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE APPLICANT?
▪ All nominees will be represented on the SwissCham website with their logo. Furthermore, it will be shared on the SwissCham social media channels once the successful candidates have been selected.
▪ For the following 12 months, the award winner will be featured with at least one visual on the SwissCham homepage.